Staging the Pacific Province Conference
University of British Columbia
Protocols of Improvisation:
Sam Shepard in British Columbia
- Improvising Character: Jazz, the Actor, and Protocols of Improvisation:Written for The Other Side of Nowhere (Westleyan University Press, forthcoming), this paper defines protocols of improvisation in relation to jazz, improvised acting, and notions of character.
- The Tooth of Crime, 1973, Frederic Wood Theatre, University of British Columbia. Director: Richard Schechner.
- Fool For Love, 1986, Arts Club (Seymour Street Theatre). Director: Janet Wright.
- Curse of the Starving Class, 1988, William Head Institution. Director: Phil Wagner.
- A Lie of the Mind, 1988, The Vancouver Playhouse. Director: Larry Lillo.
- States of Shock, 1993, Fend Players at the Station Street Theatre. Director: Paul Crepeau.
- Sam Shepard FAQ